Buying a Home
Darrell & Iris are here to "help you buy a house." There are many questions when you buy a house and you need and expect answers to these questions. (If you are moving into a new area you may have even more questions.)
Darrell & Iris will help you through the many steps of buying a house. They will help you develop a house-hunting strategy and help you "get started", and stay with you through contract negotiations all the way to "closing."
- Help you set up a plan of action through an analysis of your needs and your finances, the current housing market, and homes available in your price range. We will help you find lenders and mortgage options.
- Find the right community and neighborhood. (Even a list of local schools and other community services)
- Help you with local home styles and types of subdivisions.
- Talk with you about unique tax advantages that are available to homeowners. (Are you aware of Louisianaís Homestead Exemption? Itís a $75,000 reduction in your tax base.)
- Help you determine what price home you can afford to buy. Hint, Hint. Check out the Mortgage Calculator Page.
- Help you through today's many financing techniques and help you find a local lender.
- Not only will we help you map out a strategy, but we will get you an "actual map" and help you use it to learn about Baton Rouge and the many great neighborhoods.
- We will keep you supplied with a steady stream of listings from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Darrell & Iris will be with you from researching the city to touring the city. From writing the contract, to finding a lender and accompanying you to closing.
Below, we have linked some articles that will be of value to you as you start the process of buying your new home. As you read the articles and have questions, please give Darrell & Iris a call and we will be happy to help you start the home buying process. Baton Rouge Real Estate is our business and we look forward to working with you.